Queen City Pop Up' offer lands five retailersby chocieni
The first edition of "Queen City Pop Up," an initiative to attract more retailers to the Main Street spine of Buffalo's central business district, has found five local businesses to occupy its soon-to-open home.
The joint Buffalo Urban Development Corp., Buffalo Place Inc. and Working for Downtown task force identified the five retailers who quality for the new program that offers free space in the central business district during the holiday shopping season. The program is aimed at whetting the appetite of retailers to open full time, downtown operations along Main Street.
Sinatra & Co. donated "pop up" shops free space in the Market Arcade Building, 617 Main St., for the holiday shopping season period between Nov. 3 and Christmas Eve. Sinatra & Co. bought the downtown Buffalo landmark earlier this year from the City of Buffalo.
Selected for the first round of the "Queen City Pop Up" program:
- Azariah Innocence, which is currently in the Foundry. The retailer is using the second location to sell its line of organic bath gels and other items.
- Buffalo Adore, which has a location in South Buffalo. Buffalo Adore sells a wide variety of Buffalo-related gift items and knick-knacks.
- Preferred Werk, a start-up retailer, who sells various clothing items.
- Rust Belt Love, another start-up retailer that sells a variety of Buffalo items.
- Uniquely You, which will be opening its first location as part of the program. Universally You sells jewelry.